Miyerkules, Mayo 23, 2012

NBA's Real Life Version of Hanamichi Sakuragi, Los Angeles Clippers Blake Griffin

About 3 years ago I watched a Anime called Slam Dunk by Takehiko Inoue. I instantly fell in love with the show because of my passion for Basketball and Anime. The Anime’s main character goes by the name Sakuragi Hanamichi and he is a cocky, funny, but talented basketball player for his High School. He stands out from the rest of the cast with his red hair, attitude, and height. He also has an amazing talent in the show as far as jumping and rebounding abilities. Remind you of anyone?





Around this same time in 2008 I turned my channel to SportsCenter only to find a article on the biggest name in college basketball during that time, Blake Griffin. At first glimpse I didn’t notice the resemblance, but then I saw the highlights of him playing as the article went on. My jaw dropped in aw, as I watched the real life Anime character light up the court. I was pretty pissed that I couldn’t tell anyone around me about the resemblance because it was nearly impossible to find people who watched Anime and Sports, then finding people that have seen or read Slam Dunk. I could however, show my younger brother who watched the show along with me. I made a huge effort to point out the obvious similarities though.

Hanamichi  Sakuragi curly hair with ball


Blake Griffin curly hair with ball

Hanamichi sakuragi, slam dunk king


Blake Griffin NBA Slamdunk king



Similarities:

Both have red hair
Both had Long hair at some point
Both have Short hair at some point
Both Power Forwards and/or Centers
Both Dunk on people in every game
Both play for red colored teams
Both have huge confidence and show it

Differences:

Blake’s real
Sakuragi’s an Anime
Blakes Black
Sakuragi is Japanese
Blake plays in the NBA
Sakuragi plays in High School


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento